I think we’re very seldom thankful enough. Or at least we don’t take time to focus on the myriad of glorious little gifts we’ve been given every day. I think that it is truly spectacular that when Mag says her prayers at night, they are always prayers of gratitude.
“Thank you, God, for my dinner and for me sleepin’ in my bed.”
Pretty great, right?
We could all use a little gratitude, so here’s my list for today. Add yours in the comments section!
Things for Which I am Grateful:
- The magical Mickey and Minnie Mouse potty that Vin brought home. It has Changed. My. World. Progress, people, progress.
- The fact that I have done yard work, laundry, fed children and still managed to take a nap today. If that’s not a heavenly gift, then I don’t know what is.
- Good neighbors who are willing to lend a hand.
- A God who reaches to us from the souls of others, continually teaching and re-teaching us how to love Him through them.
- My bff, Britt. She came to visit us last week and my heart is just so warmed to have spent time with a kindred spirit. We’re basically Anne and Diana all over again…only we didn’t get to enjoy any raspberry cordial what with my breastfeeding and all. (If you didn’t get that reference, get yourself to the nearest library and read Anne of Green Gables and then watch the movie, preferably with your bestie. Sheesh, people.)
- A house that is loud, chaotic, full of laughter, and love and home grown tomatoes that people have given us.
That’s just the first six that came to mind, but I could go on and on and on. That’s the thing about thankfulness. Once you get started, you really can’t stop thinking about how much you truly have. I’m going to go listen to Bing Crosby sing about blessings, now. Don’t forget to list your blessings in the comments!